OPI The One That Got Away from Katy Perry Collection
I love the color. My polish skills need work. Also - my Seche Vite top coat recently thickened up and is impossible to apply. I added some acetone to it to thin it out - this helped a little, but not enough. Totally peeves me off because there is still like half a bottle left. If you use this top coat, have you encountered the same problem? Is there anything I can do to fix it? It's a great top coat and I really want to continue using it, but I might have to find a replacement.
Check out Vicki's blog HERE or Tara's HERE to see some other fancy nails. I will be stepping up my nail game, because I've realized I'm just too darn boring! Some of these ladies really get creative. Love it.
Now on to some Friday randomness:
- Looking forward to spending some quality girl time with my mom and daughter tonight. Dinner for sure and maybe some shopping too!
- Had so much fun at bowling last night. We laughed a lot, especially about this:
JennyJenny: You know what would be cool? If it was a bottle opener.
Me: It is.
Me: (pointing to opener part) This is the opener.
JennyJenny: (looking at key chain) Oh, I see it now.
I thought there'd be a hole in it.
We all erupted in laughter. I love that girl.
- Happy to report I won my weigh in against my male co-worker today. GurleeGirrl wins another $5.
- Looking forward to going to the golf dome tomorrow to hit some balls. I am a sucky golfer, but I'm turning that around this year. I'm sure I'll rock it.
- This is so true:
- Even though I initially agreed to only try the Paleo Diet for 30 days, I plan on sticking to it for awhile. I'm officially down 12 pounds since starting!
- Is it silly that this $0.50 owl mouse pad I brought to work makes me happy all day?
- I wish the forecast was warmer for this weekend. I really want to go for a hike again. Maybe we can still go, I'll just have to bundle up.
- One of my favorite bands, Maniac, released this video some time back. I still watch it in amazement. Check it out.
Maniac - Thank Each Mistake iPad Music Video
NOTE FROM CREATOR: Shawn Harris
I illustrated this video for "Thank Each Mistake" using the Brushes app for iPad. I heard about it through Jorge Colombo's New Yorker covers, but for me, the best media for this technique wasn't print, but video! By taking advantage of the actions playback feature, and by using a brushes viewer application for my Mac, I found I could export my painting as a quicktime movie. The app isn't designed for animation, but the playback feature, which records each brush-stroke as a separate frame, lends itself to a coarse morphy style of stop-motion fingerpainting, if you can manage to be deliberate enough about not lifting your finger from the painting... Thanks also to BLU, whose wall animations helped inspire the technique.
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!