What a looooonnnnnggggg week it as been. I guess getting back into the swing of things is taking some time. I like short work weeks. These regular ones are for the birds.
This week me and Jenny Jenny had a nail-polish swap. She picked out 4 colors from my collection and in return I got to take 4 from hers. I’m a bold and bright kinda girl and she is a dark and neutral kinda girl. I’m happy to be trying some different colors that I normally wouldn’t try.
Of the new polishes, I picked this as my first, solely based on it’s name - OPI Chicago Champagne Toast. One of my favorite bands (who coincidentally is from Chicago) AM Taxi has a song called Champagne Toast which is a fave of mine. Lucky for me, the color is awesome. I’ve worn it ALL week, which is super rare for me. Sometimes I think everything else about me is pretty over-the-top, so every now and then, I’m drawn to something soft, pretty and girly. That’s this color:
What do you think? Are you drawn to a certain color? Are you into cheery bright, bold darks, neutrals, sparkles or matte?
Some Friday Randomness:
- Super stoked that Shameless will begin their season 3 on Sunday. I’ve missed that effed up Gallagher family so much.
- I’m not a teeny-bopper nor am I even close to being in my 20’s, but I am a girl (at heart) and when I heard this song by One Direction, I melted. Simon Cowell you are a GENIUS – picking this song for these boys. The young girls (and this old one) is totally swooning over this song.
- The kids’ winter sports session started this week. That means we will have volleyball/basketball filled Saturdays again for awhile. The break was nice, but I’m looking forward to seeing them have some fun again.
- Colton’s birthday is next month, and I need to start planning his birthday party. I think I have him talked into having a bowling party (he had one 2 years ago). They are easy, fairly cheap and the kids enjoy it. Having a not-at-home party takes away a ton of work for me, so I pray he sticks with the plan.
- Taking Colton to Bingo night at school tonight. He has been talking about it for days. He knows how much this momma loves bingo. I hope he wins something – he will be overjoyed.
- I was extremely bummed this morning when I reach for my favorite coffee flavor this morning and it was empty:
So instead I grabbed one of these:
Yummmmy – nice change of pace.
- Planning on seeing Zero Dark Thirty this weekend. It’s received great reviews, so I hope it doesn’t disappoint.
- The weather here in Michigan is forecasted to reach a high of 55 degrees tomorrow, which means, I will find a way to spend some time outside too! With that friends, I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!