December 11, 2012

My GurleeGirrl Weekend


Friday night, after I dropped Ashley off at a sleepover party with her friends, I headed out to 2Booli for some incredible dinner.  That my friends is Chicken Schwarma with extra garlic sauce and spicy hummus.  It was heaven.  After dinner we did a little bit of shopping at the mall, which was surprisingly not overly crowded.  Of course I went to my favorite store JCP.  Then it was off to see Silver Linings Playbook for the 2nd time.  I kid you not when I say it is the Best Movie of the Year!

Saturday morning I went and picked Ash up from her sleepover, and raced home for her to change into her volleyball clothes.  We weren't able to attend Cole's game, as his was earlier and at a different location than hers.  Her game was at 11:15am.  After losing their first game, and a few pep talks from Chrissy and me, they won their next two games, and since it's the best out of three, we won.  It was pretty awesome for them.  Of course we had a Panera lunch date and headed home. 
Spent some time catching up on this weeks TV shows.  The kids' love watching Last Man Standing, The Middle and Modern Family.  Thankfully they are mostly "clean" and appropriate for the whole family.

I had to pick up some presents I ordered from Best Buy, and found myself at Southland Mall for the first time in my life.  It wasn't as far as I thought it would be.  Afterwards, we grabbed some dinner at Amantea and watched some Parenthood/SOA.


Sunday started bright and early and I met up with the Gotts/Gutkowski's for breakfast.


Then we spent the better part of the day baking/decorating cookies. 


I may or may not have had a few of these too:


After baking all day, we went to GTuck's house for some COD and Tripoly play, while he slaved away grilling up the turkey.  I didn't win, but I had a crazy good time.


How was your weekend?  I also happend to squeeze in reading this book.  It was bliss.


signature

6 comments:

Debbie said...

I just watched the trailer for the Silver Linings movie. OMG - I have to see this!! It looks so good. (In Philly too?!)

Glad you liked the books! Seth/Ghost.....ahhhhh

Nicole said...

You are definitely a blogger :) You photograph your food which btw, looks yummy!!!

Faith said...

so you had THE MOST delicious weekend ever! get in my belly!

i want to see that movie badly ... i've heard so many great things about it. it has to be amazing if you've already seen it twice!

and yay for Ashley's team ... i know she was stoked!

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

Bloody Marys are one of my favorites :-)

Angie said...

I seriously just spent a ridiculous amount of time gawking at all the food pics you posted. Geeze lady, your making me starve. I don't think I've ever had a weekend that I've gotten to eat that good!

GTuck said...

I wish I was eating that turkey again right now, it was so good.