December 27, 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

This year my sister volunteered to host Christmas Eve dinner at her house, so that meant, I had all day to get some last minute shopping and wrapping done. 

All day long, and I'm not exaggerating, the kids would ask "Is it almost time to go?", and my response would be no, at 5:30pm.  Well when 5:30pm finally rolled around, the Prime Rib wasn't done cooking so this really put them in hyper mode.  We got out of the house around 6pm - not too bad I guess.

The Kids & Boo in their Christmas Duds

It had already began to snow, which made the short 5 mile ride, seem like 20.  When we arrived, it was full on Christmas excitment in the house.

First thing on the agenda, try out my new wine glass that my mom bought for us girls.  She buys us a cute wine glass around most holidays.  I love it.

Santa's Favorite

I may or may not have drank this whole bottle.


My sister-in-law had picked up a bottle of cider and whiskey to make a warm, spiked cider.  I of course took the bottle of whiskey and used it as an oppoturnity to make everyone do shots!  Even my mom (who NEVER drinks) humored me by drinking some!  Mom, Seester and I all agreed - EWWWWWWWW


Then it was time to get the herd fed.  The kids had pizzas, as well as veggies with dip and some fruit.


The adults feasted on pierogies, crab cakes, crab legs, lobster tails, chicken wings, prime rib and shrimp.  For dessert, an array of Junior's cheesecakes.


Then it was time for gifts!  This year, "Santa" (Grandma and Papa) brought my kids Chromebooks with carrying cases and a mouse.  They were overjoyed for sure.  Colton also got a Detroit Tigers shirt and thermal bag from my seester.  I think he was more excited about them than the Chromebook! Ashley got PJs from my sister, and couldn't wait to get home and put them on. 


Even I got a few presents!

From my Seester - ELVIS!!!
Mixer / Soda Stream Supplies / $$$$ / Silverware (from the Parents)
I was happy to get a picture of my parents and us 3 kids.  I think the last one we took was at my Seester's wedding 13 years ago.  Although we get together often, getting them to pose for pictures is nearly impossible.  This year, I made it happen.


After visiting for awhile longer, it was time to head home and get the kiddos in bed.  Although they were extremely excited, I got them up the stairs by 10:30pm.


Then it was off to bed with anticipation of Santa's arrival. 

signature

5 comments:

Faith said...

I just love Christmas Eve.

This post made me smile! So fun! And so much food! I love the wine glasses your mom got you and your sister, so cute!

I also love that you got a picture with your parents and siblings this year.

Great gifts as well!

Debbie said...

Wow! That was quite a spread of food! Looks awesome! It certainly beats out our Christmas Eve dinner - as requested by my girls - of ribs and corn dogs! :)

I love the first pic of the kiddos and the dog. So cute!

♥ Marcy ♥ said...

Looks like you had a good Christmas Eve! Love the wine glass!!!!

Nicole said...

Do both of your kiddo's still believe in Santa? And I'd never heard of a chromebook... I had to go google it :) I love that it looks like you guys get dressed up for Christmas, the kids look very nice! We do it comfy style... lol :)

Angie said...

First off, your kids looked great in their Christmas attire! They are so precious.

Your food spread sounds WONDERFUL! WE always do traditional food like Ham and Mashed Potatoes. I wouldn't know what to do with a feast like that.

I love that you all did shots. You all are tough, that stuff makes my toes curl

Can't wait to see what Santa brought