June 22, 2012

[Gurlee]Girrl Friday

Well I made it through another wonderful week!  Life has been good and I’m trying to soak up as much as I can every single day!

I’m linking up with Vicki and Tara again for another edition of:

Nail Files

Since I’m still loving everything neon, I chose another awesome color this week:

lovesabeach

I absolutely L-O-V-E this color and the new mini-bottle of OPI Rapid Dry Top Coat seems to be the bomb too.  I’ll be looking for a full size of it to use regularly. 

Now, on to some Friday randomness:

  • This past Sunday, I was looking out our bathroom window and spotted this big guy:

falcon

I guess it’s a falcon and let me tell you – he was HUGE.  As we were staring at each other, he decided to leave me a “souvenir” of his visit all over my roof.  EWWWWWW is all I can say.  It wasn’t pretty.

  • My poor girl Jenny Jenny.  She is totally accident prone.  Just a few weeks ago she injured her ankle trying out some wicked dance moves on wet grass – damn I wish I had video of it.  But this week she injured herself golfing!!! She was a little to close to the cart path when she went to hit her ball – it bounced back, hit her on the arm and it bruised immediately. Jenny Jenny please try to be more careful my friend.  On the upside she totally makes me look graceful.

jennyinjury

  • Wondering if anyone else out there is watching the new Dallas on TNT?  I watched the pilot and half of the second episode.  Acting seems HORRIBLE, almost LOL bad, but I think I’m going to keep watching.  Me watching might be the “Kiss of Death” for it because most shows I like, get cancelled.  Sorry Dallas.

dallas

  • Ok, you all might laugh and poke fun, but I went to see Rock of Ages this week.  I wasn’t excited about it, I wasn’t expecting much out of it, but let me tell you – I actually LOVED it.  It was everything I figured it was going to be, dumb, funny, over-the-top, tongue-in-earcheek  - 2 hours of pure non-thinking entertainment!  I laughed A LOT.  The music was awesome.  It took me right back to junior high (1987). Every song was one I remember singing along too.  And Tom Cruise – who I normally can’t stand – was HOTTTTTTT.  Seriously.  My 14-yr. old self totally took over and had me looking at him all dreamy-eyed.  You should go and see it.  For realz.

Stacee Jaxx

  • Kate Spade is having an online sale.  I would like one of everything please.  If somebody can make that happen, I ‘d appreciate it.  However, if I could only pick one or two things I’d want:

Hold Court Quinn,jpgIrving Place Little NadineArmadillo HandbagLounge Ladies HarmonyPlay HookyKarolina

Well my friends, I hope you all have an amazing weekend!!  Peace out!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Fun story - so I'm going through your post, looking at your nails and reading about your week and then stopped when you mentioned the Kate Spade sale. Two and a half years ago, I moved to the edge of the world (read: east coast of Canada) and haven't been able to get my fix of Kate Spade stuff since. I fell in love with that astro-turf purse so, although I know they don't ship to Canada, I clicked on your link. Lo and behold, Canada appeared on the shipping list!!!

SO...THANK YOU SO MUCH for posting about the sale because without it, I never would have found out that they changed their shipping policies!! Or about the sale (talk about a great selection!). In 4 - 8 days, I can expect my order (which, err...includes the astro-turf purse...sorry - haha!!) and I'm so excited that I kind of want to run around in a circle.

Back to the nails (haha): I love the neon pink! And tell your pal Jenny Jenny that it must be something with the name, as I am constantly covered in random bruises. ;)

Nicole said...

last night I was surfing around Facebook and saw one of my friends mentioning something about Dallas but wasn't sure what she was talking about. Interesting!

And until you said that was a pic of Tom Cruise, I didn't have a clue... it didn't look like him at all! Once you said it though, I could see it... LOL :) Oh and I read someone else's post on Rock of Ages and they said something about thinking Tom Cruise was gay. I don't believe it but it did catch me up for a minute. I'm not a huge Tom fan but still, I don't believe that... LOL :) Just had to share, sorry.

Jami said...

Love that color! I really like China Glaze polish, it holds up really well. Gotta try that OPI Rapid Dry, I've heard great things.

I haven't seen Rock of Ages, I'll probably wait until I can rent it - but isn't it nice to just go to a movie, not think too much and just be entertained?! Tom does look pretty dreamy though.

Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk said...

Oh that color is just so pretty!!!

Kimberlee said...

Pretty! China Glaze has great neon colors :)

tara said...

china glaze has the best colors! love it!

Les said...

Obsessed with that color! Now I'm torn between that one and Flip Flop Fantasy! Oh the choices.... :)

Laura said...

I LOVE that nail color! I want to see the Rock of Ages too I heard it was really good. Let me know if you cant find the rapid dry I can get if for you.

Faith said...

That nail color is so fabulous! Love it!

And now I really want to go and see that movie! And I didn't think that anyone would describe Tim Cruise as hot again, hehe.

Now I need to check out the sale! :)

Unknown said...

My top coat just ran out so I'm going to have to give that one a try! It's so hard to find a good top coat that dries fast and doesn't bubble.