February 27, 2012

Thumbs Up Monday

Happy Monday to everyone!!!  And since it's Monday, that means it's time for Thumbs Up Monday.

I will start.  This week I'm giving a thumbs up to my daughter's volleyball team - Sting.  The girls participated in their first (and only) tournament this past Saturday.  Our team has struggled all season having only 1 win in 18 games.  Of the 18 game, we would be close, but never could pull off the win.  So, going into this tournament, I was nervous for them, especially since they were down to 6 girls (from 10) and our 2 best girls were missing.  However, we (the parents) were beyond amazed at their performance.  Our team started off with a loss, but then our second match ended in a VICTORY!  The next thing I know, we were winning game after game.  Some were close (within 2 points) and some we just ran away with.  In the end, due to total point scoring, which I still do not fully understand, we played for 3rd/4th place.  I am so proud of them for working together and playing their best through 12 games.  It was an exciting day!  I was proud to be a part of it, even if it was just from the sideline.  Way to go Sting!
Next up this week is Chrissy. 

I know that she is just as proud of the girls as I am, since she was their Coach this season, but Chrissy is also giving a thumb up to a fun night of prospecting leads for work instead of going to bowling (I think my girl was insane for staying home and working) and for discovering the awesomeness of Eastbound and Down*!

(*Chrissy wanted to clarify in case her boss ever reads this - she was not watching Eastbound and Down while doing work, these were two separate events.) 

And finally, GTuck is back with a thumb up too.

GTuck is giving me, GurleeGirrl, a thumb up today for improving my golf skills.  We went to the dome again this weekend, and I improved over last week.  I was able to hit the ball off the tee with my 5-iron and hit the rear of the dome.  He was so proud.  You have to understand that last year I was NOT able to hit the ball, pretty much at all.  I would swing and miss 90% of the time and hit the ball 5 feet the other 10%.  He is amazed at my improvement. 

What good thing are you giving a thumb up to this week?

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Congrats to the Sting and your daughter..I'd like one of my girls to play volleyball -- seems fun! Also kudos on your golf swing!