Secondly, I want to thank Tiffany for my incredible blog-redo. She was a dream to work with, made sure every detail was covered and even continues to help me with my crazy questions after-the-fact. If you are looking for a blog designer, check her out.
This week, I chose Digital by Sally Hansen Hi Definition Nail Color. I love it. It it so bold and cheery, just what I've needed on these sunless fall days we've been having. My sister bought it for me for my birthday last month, along with the heart glitters. I put a two on each nail and sealed them down with a top coat. They are still attached 4 days later. I've also gotten several compliments on the color. It was a great pick Missa!
Now on to some Friday randomness:
- This week Colton achieved something that we have been working years on mastering. The boy can tie his shoes!!! Now, I know some (or most) kids can do it in Kindergarten, and he is in 2nd grade, but I am still just as proud of him. He has very poor hand strength (which shocks me because he is involved in so many sports) but even holding a pencil, coloring, etc., is difficult for him at times. I swear something just clicked in his brain on Wednesday morning and after me showing him a few times, he was able to do it alone, and has consistently since. Good job Buddy!
- Last night, Jenny Jenny and Shelbs introduced me to snap chat. The is an app where you can send people a snapshot of yourself (or anything) and you can edit it with words or doodles, then set it to display anywhere from 3 - 10 seconds. Once the snapshot is viewed for the set time interval, it is no longer available to view again. Genius. The fun that can be had with this app is never ending. So if you have it, snap chat me at GurleeGirrl.
- I finished Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. This book had been recommended to me by a few different people. I didn't love it. I didn't hate. It was different that the books I've been reading. It was suspenseful and very well written. I should have loved it. But, I just didn't.
- I'm excited to go to the Lions Vs. Packers game this Sunday. Thanks to the GTuck for finding and buying my Matthew Stafford jersey for me. I know how much it must have killed you buying anything other than Packers merchandise. Thank you!!!
- I know that I am looking forward to Turkey day next week. Nothing better than turkey, stuffing and mashed potatoes, except when you can follow it up with a piece of pumpkin pie!
- I am normally a Black Friday shopper. My mom, seester and I hit the stores at midnight looking for deals. I feel so far behind this year, and have absolutely no idea what the big items are this year. I better get my butt in gear and figure it out quick.
- I've been looking for a nice CHEAP pair of brown riding boots. If you have any suggestions, PLEASE PLEASE let me know. I almost broke down and ordered a pair from Just Fab for $20, but the thought of signing up for another monthly service doesn't appeal to me. I normally forget to say "no thanks, not this month" and end up being billed.