TGIF!!! This week has crawled by. I guess having a sick boy on my hands all week has taken its toll on me. It’s been 7 days and he’s still running a temperature of over 102! I’m ready for the weekend!
This week I picked two new colors in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month:
I love I Am Strong – it’s the perfect pink in my opinion. As far as Be Brave, it’s cute, but I just am not a huge fan. Have you tried any of the new colors released in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness?
Now on to some Friday randomness:
- I took Colton to the doctor’s on Wednesday afternoon. They tested him for strep and it came back negative. She said it’s a virus running its course. Could take up to 10 days!! Holy cow. He’s already missed a week of school – I can’t imagine him missing next week too!
- Miss Ash has been working diligently all week on her Unit 2 IXL Math. The teacher’s note stated “your child should spend 30 to 60 minutes per WEEK working on their IXL.” Ashley spends 1-1/2 hours per DAY working on one worksheet. There are 22 in this unit. She has a long road in front of her.
- Yesterday for dinner I made the kids’ and me Crescent Wrapped Hot Dogs with Cheese. This was the first time I made them, and Ashley loved them. Colton, who is a bread monster, hated the crescent wrap. He asked me to remove it! I swear, he just hated it because it was “new” to him. Eating one made me feel like I was 10 years old again. (we also had grapes and applesauce to “healthify” this meal")
- Miss Ash has had long hair for quite a few years now. She begs me to braid it all the time. It’s another huge thing I’m a failure at – braiding! I’ve never been able to do “fancy” braids. I’ve watched videos, read books, etc., I just suck at it. She had my girlfriend braid it for her a few weeks back and loved it. I read another “how to” and decided to give it a try. It didn’t come out THAT bad. She kept it in! That’s progress for us – she normally removes any braid I’ve attempted before leaving the house.
- Where are my Walking Dead fans at? Sunday is the day. Can. Not. Wait.
- I’ve been looking for a case for my iPhone 5 and haven’t had any success. The one I’ve been watching has finally become available. It’s perfect – except it’s a silicone case. I hate silicone cases. Anyone know of some cute, hard-shell ones?
With that, I’m off to enjoy my weekend! Hope everyone has a great one too!