These week was another “dark” week and it may be my favorite “dark” of all. It looks brown, black and has a hint of red to it.
Now on to some Friday randomness:
- Today feels like fall. It’s looked like fall for awhile – but today it has that crispness in the air – so I was more than happy to pull out a sweater, jeggings and boots. I feel so cozy. I’m also loving this sweater from Princess Vera Wang – the neon yellow reeled me in.
- I’m always a little torn during this time of year – during Breast Cancer Awareness Month. For one, I think it’s awesome to bring awareness and to raise money to eliminate this horrible disease, as I hope and pray every single day that my daughter (or sister, or friend or anyone) never has to deal with what I had too, but seeing pink ribbons everywhere makes me think about my cancer, and then the fear pops up, and I start “Google-ing” statistics and I drive myself crazy. However, in just two short months, I will be celebrating my 3-year cancer-versary. So suck on that cancer.
- Speaking of Breast Cancer Awareness – I saw these polishes in the paper and I must find them!
- What is it with companies using 80’s icons in their advertising lately? Like maybe in 1988 I’d have wanted my man to smell like Jon Bon Jovi, but today – ummmm not so much. And Don Johnson? The 24-year old mail guy at work didn’t even know who he was – even after I said Sonny Crocket from Miami Vice – still nothing. Wouldn’t 20somthings be the “hangover cures” target audience?
- I was super excited to get my new iPhone 5 and had dreams of filling it to capacity with my music collection. Guess how many songs have been transferred over since I got it a couple weeks ago? ZERO Hopefully this weekend I can work on that.
- I am super excited that I won a blog re-design from Crystal’s giveaway. I haven’t been able to decide exactly what I want, but I’m going to work on that too this weekend. I’m thinking of a pink/black/grey color palate. Any recommendations?
- Mallory has rocked my socks off with her “Detroit Tigers” inspired eye make-up!! Looking good! And her nails – check those out too! GO TIGERS!!!
- I’ve been reading a lot of books lately, and I’m really loving the current one – Reason to Breathe. It’s about a girl living with her uncle and aunt and is being physically abused by the aunt. Parts have been hard to read (the abuse), but it’s been an eye opener. As you can see, I’m almost done with it – so any recommendations for my next read?
With that – I hope everyone has a fantastic, safe weekend!!