December 14, 2011

I Can't Believe I.....

fell asleep during the movie yesterday!  I was out - like - really out! 



For the life of me, I just couldn't get into the movie. S---L----O---W  doesn't even begin to describe it.  Thank goodness I didn't bring my kids to this one - they would have disturbed may little nappie-poo because they for sure wouldn't have sat through it.  I at least took one for the team (GTuck, Chrissy & Joe) and slept quietly.  I did have a few moments where I snapped out of my slumber - but I quickly would go right back out.  From what I understand, I missed some major moments of the movie (yeah like 1-1/2 hours!).

There were some good things about Hugo:

- The 3D effects were AWESOME! (from what I seen while I was awake)
- Hugo (Asa Butterfield) is a great child-actor.  Actually pretty AMAZING.
- The train station set was incredible - loved the camera shots - great period clothing 

This film will probably be nominated for an Oscar - Best Picture even - and more likely a few more.  I'll be the first to admit, I would much rather see a cheesy romantic comedy over Adventure / Drama / Family film.  Maybe that's why I was mad - I wanted to see New Year's Eve.

My advice - be awake for the last 15-20 minutes.  It was the best part of the movie - I actually was able to stay awake!

Overall Rating:  NOT GOOD - simply because of the slow moving-ness of it and the fact it is marketed as a "family" film.  There were a ton of people over the age of 50 there, and they even clapped at the end?!?!? But would it hold the interest of a 6 year old? HECK NO

1 comment:

GTuck said...

The movie wasn't that bad, and the ending is even better if you didn't sleep through the parts where they setup the story. :)