January 9, 2013

Is Firmoo for You? Here’s A Review

Last month was definitely hard on my bank account.  Along with the normal pile of bills, we had Christmas to buy for, and then it was time to take the kids to the eye doctor for their yearly checkups.  As usual, they both just happened to have enough of a prescription change and both needed new glasses.  A whopping $650 later, aren’t they both looking stylish?

kids glasses

Unfortunately, it was also time for me to have my yearly checkup.  Since it was more important that I order a supply of contact lenses (because I had zero left), I wasn’t able to feed my glasses addiction by purchasing a new pair. 

That was true until one awesome day in December I received an email from Firmoo asking if I’d be interested in receiving a FREE pair of high quality fashionable glasses or sunglasses, in return for me to write an objective review on my blog.  It didn’t take me long to reply with a heck yeah!

Antonio was in contact with me immediately giving me the specific instructions on ordering.  I perused their site, which offers many affordable frames which range from $8.00 to $68.00.  That’s a BIG difference compared to the prices the local eyeglass store is offering me.  I was not able to pick from the “designer” line, but there were plenty of options available.

After selecting my frame, I placed my order and within days I received an email with a tracking number letting me know my glasses had shipped.  A few days later, they arrived.  In the padded envelope were a hard glass case, a soft glass case, my glasses, a cleaning cloth and a mini-screwdriver kit.  All in great shape.

Now for the reveal:

me glasses

Case

glass with case

glasses

Frame:

My first impression is that the frame is a little thinner than some of my other glasses, but not so thin that they feel overly cheap.  I tend to take my glasses off at night and throw them in my purse.  I wouldn’t do that with these glasses, without placing them in their case first.  I don’t think they would last under pressure. 

Lenses:

I think their lenses are amazing.  They are light-weight, and I actually think things appear brighter while wearing them.  I haven’t had any scratches occur yet. 

Overall Thoughts:

I tend to coordinate my glasses with my outfits and this pair is great for everyday, blue jean wearing days.  They are light-weight, have no notable peripheral blind spots (which happens while wearing many of my plastic framed glasses), and after repeated wear, still feel new.  Honestly, after wearing these for a few weeks, I am sure I will be ordering a pair of sunglasses from them for summer.  I liked them that much, and for the price, you really can’t go wrong. 

The bad news:

They do not currently offer a kids line, so that is disappointing.  However, I am sure that Ashley would be able to wear something from their women’s line with no problem.  As for Colton, with as rough as he is with his glasses, I will have to continue to pay the extra dollars to ensure his frames and glasses can take the wear and tear of an 8-year old boy.

The good news:

Firmoo is offering a first pair free program on their site right now. You just pay shipping. Plus, they have a full refund if you are not satisfied with your glasses. You can find more info and order your free glasses here.

This is a sponsored review from Firmoo however all opinions are my own.

signature

3 comments:

Cindy said...

You look awesome in glasses -- like one of those posters at the optometrists office!

Debbie said...

I like those on you! I just bought my first pair of readers to help me out!

Angie said...

You all look so cute in your new glasses. I need an exam bad. I haven't had one in years!!!