Luckily Jenny Jenny made a trip to the "hair store" and picked me up a new, fresh polish this week. China Glaze has a new line out called Tranzitions. Basically when you add a top coat over the polish, it changes colors. Sounds super neato right?
I thought it came out pretty cool. I did have a hard time not putting a top coat on all of my nails, but I used the China Glaze First & Last as a base coat and the polish adhered marvelously. I barely have any wear or chips 5 days in! Freaking fantastic polish! I will be getting a few more of these colors. I loved the consistency of this polish. Also, I plan on doing some dotting or designs with the clear coat to see how that comes out.
Have you tried Tranzitions yet?
Now on to some randomness:
- I am excited to say that my new workout clothes was an incentive to hit the gym. I have made it to either the gym or Jazzercise class everyday this week. Surprisingly my body isn't hating me.
- On Sunday, only 13 days into my Paleo diet, I wanted something "dessert-y" like cake. So I made some Banana Muffins and they were amazing. No sugar, no white flour, just yummy goodness.
- I feel like I accomplished so much with the kids eating this week. Both kids have at least tasted everything that was cooked this week including, brussel sprouts, sweet potatoes, zucchini, squash, spaghetti squash, broccoli and cauliflower. Both of their favorite being Brussels Sprouts!!
- Knowing this eating healthy is more for me than for them, I was a nice mom this week and let them have some microwave popcorn for their evening treat. Of course Cole was craving chocolate, so I gave him a handful of chocolate chips too. I told him best way to eat them was to throw them in with his popcorn (which I do with Nonpareils at the movies!). He thought it was the bomb.com and thinks I'm the smartest mom around.
- My beautiful little ladybug surprised me this week with questions like, "Mom when can I date someone?" and "If I tell you I have a boyfriend, will I be in trouble?". My response was
are you freaking on crack"Why do you????" She said "No, but when I get one, are you gonna let me go out with him?" OMG I'm not ready for this. Not at 11 years old! Ha ha - but I do remember in 6th grade having a boyfriend...but not one I would have told my mom about! Thank goodness she feels safe enough to even approach me with her questions. She might not like the answers, but I'm glad she asks the questions.
- My weekend of fun will begin tomorrow with a 9:15am volleyball game. Kinda bummed that I'll miss Cole's basketball game that starts at 8:15am, but only slightly, since I only get to sleep in on the weekends and being ready for an 8:15am game is NOT sleeping in!
- Looking forward to Jenny Jenny trimming up my little mans mohawk too tomorrow. It's getting harder and harder to make it stand up - it must be 3 inches tall! He cracks me up. I'm shocked he still wants it.
With that - I'm off to enjoy some of this thing we call a weekend! Hope you all have a great one too!