Pure Ice - Crimson
I had ZERO drive this week to do anything fancy with my nails. I feel like such a failure! LOL
So I added a little pizazz with my black and silver detail brushes. It gives it just enough oomph.
What do you do when you don't have the time to create nail masterpieces?
Now on to some randomness:
- In honor of the upcoming St. Paddy's Day, I decided to add a little green to the mantle:
There is something about tinsel decorations that I am drawn too. Their tackiness? Probably.
- Ashley had her school music program this week. She was very excited to have a "speaking" part this year. The teacher sent home instructions letting us know that if we wanted to let them wear make-up, she is ok with it, since under the bright lights they might be washed out. Well I agreed to let her wear some make-up, as long as I was the one applying it for her. I'm almost jealous at how perfect her eyelids are for shadow. I can't believe that in just a few years, she'll be wearing make-up all the time. Time is flying by! She also begged me to curl her hair - it took an hour to get it like this - but she loved it so.
- This week I've had two types of meatballs for dinner. Paleo Meatloaf Meatballs and Bora Bora Fireballs. They were AMAZING. Trust me - you would love them.
- As I've mentioned, I love going to bingo. This past Sunday I actually won! It was only $40, but hey, it's a start. I love spending a few hours spacing out and playing bingo. I'm always amazed by how many elderly women are there and they play about 3x more than the amount of cards I play. How they do it, I'll never know.
- I am happy to report that me tracking my food all week paid off and I actually lost weight and it was enough to keep me at the top of our competition. It's getting really close. I would love to win obviously, but if I don't, I won't be too disappointed. I already feel great about the weight loss and the fact that I've been working out regularly, I couldn't be more proud of myself.
- Speaking of exercise, on top of my regular Jazzercise classes, I've added some strength training including squats (5 reps / 5 sets / 100 lbs), bench press or overhead press or rows(5 reps/5 sets / 50 lbs.) and dead lifts (5 reps / 1 set / 115 lbs). I never knew this body could ever do that. I was lucky to pick up 30 lbs. when I first started. It's been amazing. What's also amazing is that I am in Week 4 of the Getting Running App. That means I ran for a total of 16 minutes yesterday. This from the girl who BARELY walked the mile in PE class. I HATE running/jogging, etc., and to have stuck with it for a solid 4 weeks, it's a miracle. When it's all over, I hope to report running for a solid 30 minutes. Wish me luck.
- Tomorrow is the last day for basketball and volleyball!! Finally I will be able to sleep in on Saturday morning and get my Thursday night back. Don't get me wrong, nothing makes this momma more proud than to see her two babies kicking butt in their sports, but I so need some downtime. It won't be long before baseball season starts up, and that eats up even more time, and he's only 8.
- Looking forward to a road trip this weekend and next. This weekend I'll be heading to Grand Rapids to see Adam and Stubhy of LBC perform an acoustic show. This is for sure going to be awesome. I cannot wait. Founder's Brewery and Yesterdogs will be visited. Next weekend I am headed out on the bingo bus to hit up some casinos again! I've been socking some $$$ away and hope to come home with more than I take.