February 14, 2013

Hearts on Valentine's Day

First Happy Valentine's Day to all my blog friends!! Hope you spend it doing exactly what you desire!

Second, when I saw this Pin on Pinterest, I fell in love. 



I was determined to make one as equally awesome, and here is my attempt:

Supplies:

Canvas ($9.99 for 2)
Assorted Buttons ($9 total for both containers)
Red Burlap ($1.50 for 1/2 yard - only need a small amount)
Black Paint ($1)
Foam Painter ($0.50)
Glue Gun
Scissors
Heart Template




A few tips:

The black stripes takes at least 2-3 coats for good coverage.  The canvas absorbed the paint.

I laid out the buttons first, then glued them down.  When you "lay" yours out - have your heart already placed on the canvas.  When I transferred it, I had to re-do it since they slid all over the place.


For "Love", I used stencils and a black Sharpie.  The "Pinned" version called for vinyl letters, but they were just too costly for me. 

And my masterpiece:




Yes, I am in love with it. 

And because today is Valentine's Day, I have one more Pinterest success.  My daughter requested heart braids this morning.  As we all know, I have ZERO skills when it comes to doing hair.  Until I found this:


Doable?  I think so:


Hey, it might not be perfect, but she loved it!  Score 1 for mom!

And lastly, today my little Valentine baby turns 8 years old.  I want to wish my cuddle buddy a very happy birthday and wanted to let him know that nothing makes me happier than being his (and Ashley's) momma.  I have been truly blessed.  I hope he has an amazing day and even better year! 





signature

 

5 comments:

Nicole said...

OMG that hair is sooooo cute!

Monica said...

Wow! You are crafty!!!! Happy Valentines day my friend!!

Kristen said...

OMG! I wanted to make this & actually attempted it last week, but I didn't have enough buttons :( yours looks so good! :)

Jennie said...

So glad yours looks so great, I have been wanting to make the canvas/button project!

Faith said...

You are so crafty! I love it. I want to do something like it. How many buttons do you think you used?

I love the heart braid! So creative!!